GLS Companies is looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join our maintenance team.
Lead facility and building maintenance. Maintains GLS Companies production equipment as well as maintenance records and parts inventory. Ensures that all safety procedures and environmental safety policies are followed. Take an active role in company-wide OSHA/EPA safety efforts. Assist with inventory/asset management.
- Secure and coordinate related services with staff or outside organizations (subcontractors) including but not limited to, housekeeping, heating-ventilation-air conditioning, structural and cosmetic repairs, compressed air, electricity, water, sprinkler systems, fire alarms, security, snow and ice removal, trees, lawns, shrubbery, trash removal, power equipment, chargers, baler, trim removal system and maintenance of all building safety features; solicit proposals from alternative service providers where appropriate and make recommendations for optimal selection.
- Track and log all repairs and service using the TrackIt system.
- Report monthly activity.
Maintain records of department activities, purchases, and policies and procedures.
Follows strict Lockout/Tagout procedures when servicing equipment as well as all Safety rules and guidelines.
- Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment. This includes envelope converters, web presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment etc. using hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Takes part and/or performs preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
- Keeps equipment running and tuned. May be asked for assistance in the operation of equipment and or help with deliverables.
- Participates in the Lean Continuous Improvement Culture.
- Maintains a good relationship with staff.
- Responsible for all press and converting guarding and must insure that all meet OSHA standards.
- Provide necessary maintenance and repairs to building equipment as needed.
- Maintain general upkeep in and around the facility in keeping with building standards.
- Willing to work OT when required.
- All Other Duties That May Apply.
- High School Diploma or equivalent job experience
- Ability to read/write basic English
- 2-4 years maintenance/mechanic experience preferred
- Knowledge of installation and repair of more complex equipment and machinery
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, bend, and stoop for several hours
GLS Companies is recognized globally as a premier commercial printer with over 35 years of experience is seeking an Estimator to join our team. GLS is an innovator in print technologies, award-winning creative; state-of-the art web, sheetfed and digital printing and on-site mailing and fulfillment series. In addition, we provide marketing services such as campaign strategy, re-branding, and lead generation strategies.
The Estimator will report to the Estimating Manager and will work closely with all areas of the company.
- Providing a quote to sales by utilizing the estimating system and estimating/production standards.
- Recommended alternative production processes to achieve production efficiencies.
- Review and recommend new estimating standards based on actual results.
- Minimum of 3 years of estimating experience in a commercial printing and mailing environment.
- Ability to follow standards and specifications created for our estimating system which allows us to create the best possible suggested sell price for our clients.
- Experience working with EFI products such as Monarch and Printstream a plus.
- Production experience a plus.
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Thinks critically, problem-solves, and addresses complex issues.