GLS/NEXT Precision Marketing is a commercial print and strategic marketing technology company with over three decades of experience and is seeking a Press Operator on 3rd shift to join our team at our headquarters in Brooklyn Park. This 640 Heidelberg Press Operator is responsible for implementing all phases of press operation on all projects assigned, and is in direct charge of product quality.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Hangs plates and removes used plates.
- Fills ink fountains; mixes fountain solutions at correct pH; sets up dampening system.
- Loads and unloads paper.
- Mixes ink as required.
- Performs ink washups.
- Installs blankets and packing.
- Produces preliminary makeready.
- Performs routine adjustments during press run.
- Continuously pulls quality checks sheets during press run to maintain quality standards.
- Takes care of equipment by following work procedures and performing required tests and maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years Technical school training or equivalent
- 1-2 years feeder or same type press experience (1-2 color press operator)
- 2+ years operating smaller 1-2 color presses (3-6 color press operator)
Information Technology Customer Service Representative
GLS Companies is currently accepting resumes for the position of Information Technology Customer Service Representative (IT CSR) at our Brooklyn Park campus. In this position, you will collaborate with GLS customers and other GLS Information Technology (IT) staff to apply commercial/digital print technology principles, practices and techniques to deliver service-oriented solutions to internal and external customers.
In this position, you will provide customer support for website users, monitor internal automation programs, perform website template set-up and provide quality assurance testing. An IT CSR is expected to multitask throughout each day and cover a wide range of technology, communications and project management tasks. Candidates must be highly-organized, self-motivated, assertive, friendly and positive in order to be successful. Candidates must also be able to manage constraints as well as continually analyze the time required for projects, the costs of projects and the overall scope of projects in order to ensure success.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and an extremely positive attitude. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, be detail-oriented and operate well in a team-oriented environment.
GLS offers an excellent wage and benefit package including 401k plan. Please submit resume and salary requirements to be considered.
Overview of Role
The IT CSR is responsible for day-to-day operations within the GLS IT Services team. Responsibilities for this position range broadly between print/mail customer service, communications and information technology management.
- Organizing client requests for changes to ecommerce systems for print collateral items, website user administration, etc. This includes digital variable print, digital static print and commercial printing.
- Providing technology customer service, technology implementation and project management for both GLS customers and internal staff.
- Ensuring internal IT staff completion of tasks, performing quality assurance testing and continuously communicating with clients about these requests.
- Updating customer website content with replacement content provided by customers and/or GLS staff.
- Responding to phone inquiries from users of ecommerce websites.
- Distributing internal requests for IT support to a variety of GLS IT staff members.
- Communicating GLS IT capabilities to GLS clients and preparation of professional documentation for client-specific technology projects.
- Acting as a primary customer contact for website support and maintenance activities. In addition to internal clients, this role focuses heavily on GLS’ clients and/or their agents.
- Managing efforts for complex interdepartmental and intercompany development projects and programs.
- Sharing responsibilities for documenting IT Services customer service standards and procedures, in addition to consistently following these standards and procedures.
- Acquisition of rented mailing lists per customer and internal requests.
- Customer service experience in the commercial print and/or mailing industries is required
- Customer service in digital printing and/or ecommerce is strongly preferred
- Strong leadership and/or communications skills is required
- High degree of self-motivation and sense of “ownership” is required
- Experience working directly with B2B clients in both service and sales situations is required
- Experience presenting solutions and options to B2B clients in face-to-face settings and via remote technologies is strongly desired
Demonstrated strength in all communications areas is required, including
- Face-to-face client communications skills
- Documentation and writing skills
- Telephone service skills
- Solid attention to detail with heavy focus on electronic documentation of process activities is required
- Strong focus on organization and process management is required
- Strong computer skills and internet savvy is required
- Strong team-orientation is required
Digital Finishing Machine Operator
GLS Companies has recently added a Digital Finishing Machine Operator position to 2nd shift at our headquarters in Brooklyn Park. Ideal candidates have experience with finishing equipment. GLS Companies offers an excellent wage and benefits package including a 401k plan.