GLS Companies is seeking a 1st shift Material Handler to join our fast-paced, growing Brooklyn Park, MN facility. Material Handlers interface as necessary with the Distribution Manager, Supervisor, and Leads for purposes of efficient receiving and put-away of inbound materials, picking, quality control checking, packing and shipping of sales orders and material requisitions.
Qualified candidates have the ability to lift 50 pounds, good computer skills, excellent math and reading aptitude along with great attention to details.
GLS Companies offers great wages and benefits including medical, dental, 401k, disability, vacation and holiday.
IT Systems Administrator with Compliance Focus
GLS Companies is looking for an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join its IT Department. In addition to administering a variety of systems and supporting some user requests, this role includes functioning as our backup compliance administrator.
Why you should want this job!
- GLS Companies is a small organization with a service-oriented and positive culture.
- This is a hands-on role with enterprise-level technologies and compliance practices.
- You will be the primary owner of several core technologies and have the opportunity to continually-learn from a diverse group of technologists. These may include hosts, servers, backup systems, alert systems and some of our
- industry-specific tools.
- Compliance could include physical security, vulnerability management, threat detection, asset inventory, security awareness training, monitoring, managing security-related policies and/or SOC2, HITRUST and client audits.
- You will work within an inter-disciplinary team of associates.
- Our IT team runs in a learning environment with positive individuals who are passionate about technology and improving the security of the data assets which our clients provide for our marketing workflows!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- System administration (patching, upgrading, and migrations)
- Provide high quality technical support to all employees in prompt and efficient manner
- Performance tuning and monitoring
- Troubleshooting issues, system errors, and outages
- Commercial application support including ERP and industry-specific software packages
- Lead on internal IT projects
- Involvement with compliance and security framework and policies
- Vulnerability and remediation administration
- Participate in GLS SOC2, HITRUST and clients’ compliancy audits.
- Participate in potential incident response analysis and document findings.
- Provide a wide range of IT support duties as directed by the GLS IT Systems Manager.
- Wear many hats!
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar systems-oriented technology role.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly-organized and analytical mindset.
- Ability to excel in analytical, organizational, and problem-solving situations.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, and adjust priorities based on workload is required.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and strong team-orientation.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
The ideal candidate would also have IT experiences and/or education such as:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, MIS, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- CISSP or CompTIA Security+ or similar certifications.
- CompTIA Network+ or similar certification.
GLS offers a competitive salary and compensation package including a 401k plan. Apply online at www.glsmn.com to submit your resume along with salary history.