GLS Companies is looking to hire a Systems Engineer with senior level experiences within a wide range of infrastructure technologies.
This individual must have high flexibility to work on a small team of six individuals that covers a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Multi-location private Wide Area Network (all locations within Twin Cities)
- VMware clustered infrastructure supporting 125+ virtual systems
- Security framework and policy management
- Vulnerability and remediation administration
- Performance tuning and monitoring
- Commercial application support including ERP and industry-specific software
- Technology solution visualization and creativity (Lifecycle management)
- Helpdesk ticketing
- Change Management oriented with strong documentation skills
- Cultural integration
This environment utilizes enterprise-level technologies within a small company environment. Examples include:
- Commvault backup software
- VMware server virtualization with connection to ISCSI SAN’s
- Nimble storage area networks (SANs)
- Cisco UCS and Dell server farms
- Aruba Wi-Fi
- Cisco NextGen ASA firewalls
- Cisco Catalyst and edge switches
- Mitel phone systems
- AlienVault Security Information & Event Management
- Sophos Intercept X enterprise-level malware protection
- Jamf centralized Mac management
- Microsoft WSUS Windows patch management
- QualysGuard scanning systems
- Local server rooms plus datacenter familiarity
The individual must be capable of taking full ownership of complex projects including:
- Project planning
- Deep technical dives
- Continuous communications with vendors and fellow employees
- Detailed documentation of accomplishments and problems
- Consistent communications via shared documents which is also used by fellow employees
- Ongoing demonstration of senior level technical skills
This individual must be self-driven, team-oriented and a strong communicator.
This individual must be a team player interested in working in a positive culture where “everyone is in the helpdesk” and all team members work on some helpdesk tickets.
This is a senior non-management level role. This individual will primarily focus on systems technologies including servers, SANs, log management, backup systems, etc. To a lesser extent, this individual will also focus on network technologies including switches, firewalls, etc.
Variable Data & Print Programmer
GLS Companies is seeking a Variable Data & Print Programmer to fill a key position in our high quality, full service marketing & printing company. Primary responsibilities include: data manipulations, address cleansing, postal presorting, inkjet file creation & variable print processing for both our monochrome laser printers and our state of the art full color Indigo presses.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, a quick learner, highly motivated and proficient on a computer. Experience in MS office, BCC Mail Manager FS (or equivalent), GMC Inspire (or equivalent) & Window’s PC platform. Familiar with MAC OS, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Basic or C# Programming a plus.
Collection Accounting Specialist
GLS Companies has an opening for a Collection Accounting Specialist on our accounting team. As a Collection Accounting Specialist, you will play a vital role in the overall success of our team and company. Our ideal candidate will have strong collections experience, great customer service skills, be collaborative, inquisitive, a problem solver, and be a positive teammate. Supervisory experience a plus.
As our Collections Accounting Specialist, you will:
- Perform day-to-day collections activities.
- Communicating frequently with Sales, customers and accounting manager.
- Direct the collection function to optimize days sales outstanding (DSO) while minimizing bad debts and risk.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and sales.
- Exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion in handling process and administrative duties, including making decisions that will have significant impact on internal and external customers.
- Evaluate new customer credit and setting appropriate customer credit limits.
- Complete Customer credit references.
- Manage daily banking receipt reports, daily credit card payments and daily cash receipts.
- Provide professional interaction and response to all levels of customers and employees.
- Contribute ideas for improving the efficiency of accounting processes.
- Perform other general accounting duties and/or special projects as needed.
- Be flexible and willing to allocate additional time during peak times (audit, month end, etc.).
Skills and Experience needed:
- 2+ years of accounting experience showing progression of accounting responsibilities
- Collection experience including account reconciliation
- Understanding of the principles of accounting, along with common accounting standards and office procedures
- Excellent Customer Service skills through both written and verbal formats
- Self-starter who is willing to accept responsibility and ownership for their function on the team
- Sufficient reasoning ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (i.e., make reasonable decisions) in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills along with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and workload effectively and utilize excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including MS Word, and Excel
- Willingness to advance is preferred, as we look to increase employee skill levels for possible moves to more advanced positions