Hand Worker Lead
The Hand-Worker Lead is responsible for providing superior leadership for GLS employees and temporary labor associates, which results in timely and accurate completion of projects, within budgeted limits. This position is 2nd shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Ensure Production and Quality Reports on all projects are completed.
- Oversees handworkers to assure quality, accuracy and speed of production.
- Coach handworkers to assure quality, accuracy and speed of production.
- Verifies time cards and reconciles against work performed.
- Operates material and production equipment.
- Effectively communicate issues to the next shifts leadership, planner, supervisor or manager.
- Coordinate and process remaining daily outbound shipments.
- Assist as required with warehouse replenishment and cycle counting.
- Provides backup for Planner, Distribution Supervisor and Distribution Manager as needed.
- Maintains accurate counts of completed items/projects and submits accurate counts of all remaining materials.
- Knowledgeable on all shipping systems and maintains accurate records.
- Maintain temp labor skills achievements records.
- Informs and updates Planner or Supervisor of all projects, run rates, quality issues and other pertinent information.
- Utilize WMS data collection system.
- Submits written reports of daily activities to Planner or Supervisor.
GLS Companies (GLS / NEXT Precision Marketing) is a strategic marketing technology company with over three decades of experience. Recognized globally as an innovator in print technologies, GLS Companies offers award-winning creative; state-of-the art web, sheetfed and digital printing, and more.
We offer an excellent wage and benefit package including a 401k plan.
GLS Companies is seeking a 1st shift Material Handler to join our fast-paced, growing Brooklyn Park, MN facility.
Material Handlers interface as necessary with the Distribution Manager, Supervisor, and Leads for purposes of efficient receiving and put-away of inbound materials, picking, quality control checking, packing and shipping of sales orders and material requisitions.
Qualified candidates have the ability to lift 50 pounds, good computer skills, excellent math and reading aptitude along with great attention to details.
GLS Companies offers great wages and benefits including medical, dental, 401k, disability, vacation and holiday.